Resurrected from an existing Chinese restaurant, Zen Sushi will soon has opened its doors at 714 West Diversey Parkway in Lincoln Park. We have created three distinct dining zones in the space that are all connected by sustainable building materials and energy efficient lighting. All wood wall and ceiling finishes have been reclaimed from a Western Illinois barn. The existing floors have been finished with a low-VOC stain from TimberSoy and the walls with no-VOC paint. All new lighting have LED or compact fluorescent lamps and will save energy as compared to conventional fixtures. See all the photos (including before images) after the jump.
the official blog of moss
- @ItsAMajorPlus Thanks! It was popping from the asphalt like it had to be seen. 13 hours ago
- Berteau viaduct 'shroom farm instagram.com/p/tle7yJkryZ/ 18 hours ago
- "Pleasant residences for people of some taste" bit.ly/1ByZIjJ The Chicago Courtyard Apartment @ArchRecord http://t.co/iSe05yZiyS 19 hours ago
- See Chicago People Spots in Metroplanning Council's Video youtu.be/Z_yZdcVbGMQ (Our's is in there too!) via @metroplanners 1 day ago
- RT @Cementley: If this weather holds, I'll probably check out the #RavenswoodArtWalk moss-design.com/2014/09/25/rav… and @mossdesign will be a stop! 1 day ago
2 sparrows alternative materials architects artwalk available to the masses barnwood beer bicycle rides bikes boycott brew brewery brick buildings as trees cars chicago dallas dill pickle coop eco eco-friendly edible energy efficient erie center lofts ethics farm filter food green architect green permit program industrial chic insulation lakeview lakeview master plan LEED lincoln park loft logan square michigan milwaukee ave lofts moss design paradigm shift PARK(ing) Day parking parking meters parks passive house planning press project completion! public space put a bird on it rainbow oaks restaurant ravenswood reclaimed materials reclaimed wood furniture recycling residential restaurant restaurant design river north san diego strawbale sustainable design sustainable habitat tear down this highway traverse city ubiquitous upcycle urban agriculture urban design urban farm video waste time in your car water hazard wicker park