Resurrected from an existing Chinese restaurant, Zen Sushi will soon has opened its doors at 714 West Diversey Parkway in Lincoln Park. We have created three distinct dining zones in the space that are all connected by sustainable building materials and energy efficient lighting. All wood wall and ceiling finishes have been reclaimed from a Western Illinois barn. The existing floors have been finished with a low-VOC stain from TimberSoy and the walls with no-VOC paint. All new lighting have LED or compact fluorescent lamps and will save energy as compared to conventional fixtures. See all the photos (including before images) after the jump.
the official blog of moss
- Too bad buildings are being demolished BEFORE a redevelopment plan is in place chicago.curbed.com/archives/2014/… @curbedchicago @streetsblogchi 18 hours ago
- Final inspection of new console is deemed, 'ready for sale'. It will make the trip to @avillechamber #CityMadeFest http://t.co/XQ7WSyn7Ie 3 days ago
- Don't miss moss! bit.ly/Zspzh8 Come see us at #CityMadeFest this weekend! http://t.co/xcbV5vxKsc 4 days ago
- ANOTHER one bites the dust. bit.ly/1s6YTzx 600 sf 1886 cottage ... gone. via @curbedchicago 5 days ago
- RT @Dezeen: Architects design cat shelters for animal charity fundraiser: dezeen.com/?p=545448 #Architecture #Design http://t.co/aLXR2nBp… 6 days ago
2 sparrows alternative materials architects artwalk available to the masses barnwood beer bicycle rides bikes boycott brew brewery brick buildings as trees cars chicago dallas dill pickle coop eco eco-friendly edible energy efficient erie center lofts ethics farm filter food green architect green permit program industrial chic insulation lakeview lakeview master plan LEED lincoln park loft logan square michigan milwaukee ave lofts moss design paradigm shift PARK(ing) Day parking parking meters parks passive house planning press project completion! public space put a bird on it rainbow oaks restaurant ravenswood reclaimed materials reclaimed wood furniture recycling residential restaurant restaurant design river north san diego strawbale sustainable design sustainable habitat tear down this highway traverse city ubiquitous upcycle urban agriculture urban design urban farm video waste time in your car water hazard wicker park