Resurrected from an existing Chinese restaurant, Zen Sushi will soon has opened its doors at 714 West Diversey Parkway in Lincoln Park. We have created three distinct dining zones in the space that are all connected by sustainable building materials and energy efficient lighting. All wood wall and ceiling finishes have been reclaimed from a Western Illinois barn. The existing floors have been finished with a low-VOC stain from TimberSoy and the walls with no-VOC paint. All new lighting have LED or compact fluorescent lamps and will save energy as compared to conventional fixtures. See all the photos (including before images) after the jump.
the official blog of moss
- Little Green Shoots Say GET YOUR GARDEN STARTED bit.ly/19nSJ5u #GrowYourOwn #Chicago http://t.co/dyeuKiB44g 2 hours ago
- the Great Fire gave #Chicago our shoreline, our skyline and even the public library bit.ly/1Gmyfrl http://t.co/nZGqBkinjg 1 day ago
- Thais have breakfast right! Rice delivery at Ram Juen's jok (rice soup) stand in Chiang Mai from @LuckyPeach issue 3 http://t.co/OXcn6pO4sB 3 days ago
- A #WorldWaterDay reminder: love your city by drinking its tap water! bit.ly/1FxGSyH http://t.co/l5LVXIR6xD 3 days ago
- RT @grist: 7 ways to talk about climate impacts with just about anyone (yes, even Republicans!) buff.ly/1EyaIyQ http://t.co/bkU5MRsA… 6 days ago
2 sparrows alternative materials architects artwalk available to the masses barnwood beer bicycle rides bikes boycott brew brewery brick buildings as trees cars chicago dallas dill pickle coop eco eco-friendly edible energy efficient erie center lofts ethics farm filter food green architect green permit program industrial chic insulation lakeview lakeview master plan LEED lincoln park loft logan square michigan milwaukee ave lofts moss design paradigm shift PARK(ing) Day parking parking meters parks passive house planning press project completion! public space put a bird on it rainbow oaks restaurant ravenswood reclaimed materials reclaimed wood furniture recycling residential restaurant restaurant design river north san diego strawbale sustainable design sustainable habitat tear down this highway traverse city ubiquitous upcycle urban agriculture urban design urban farm video waste time in your car water hazard wicker park